I spent much of my twenties studying, creating and exhibiting sculpture in Los Angeles. I have always enjoyed the process of making and creating my work but my thoughts and ideas behind it all were quite abstract and conceptual, making it a challenge to speak about it and share it with a wider audience. It took some time to come around to the realization that it was the process of “making” sculptures that I enjoyed most, not necessarily all the things that came after. So, when I took a jewelry class at Cal State in Long Beach I knew immediately that I would be diving in head first. And that’s what I did.
Making jewelry enabled me to bring forth the forms and aesthetic I have always enjoyed using in my work but in a more accessible, relatable and useful way. Essentially now I make little wearable sculptures that can be appreciated on multiple levels- for the material, the form and the way it makes people feel when they wear my jewelry.
Today in my studio practice, each new design builds upon the last. I often find small elements of previous designs that inspire me on the merit of their form, so I pull them forward and develop them into new ideas. In this way, I am able to create cohesive collections and this process keeps me connected to my artistic foundations while bringing purposeful objects into the world.
Most of my production pieces are created in sterling silver, raw brass and 10K gold.
DPJ Studio is committed to eco-efficient choices, conscious studio practices and the use of recycled metals and ethically sourced materials whenever possible.
- All metal scraps are saved and sent to our supplier to be recycled and go back in to the creation of many of our pieces.
- The jewelry industry is notorious for it’s heavy use of little plastic baggies, instead we use recycled, recyclable or compostable paper products whenever we can.
- Plastic packaging shipping materials that come our way are saved and reused.
Local & Community
- All of our retail partners are all independent small businesses
- We regularly participate in local events to support & get to know our communities.
Made in the USA
- All jewelry is handmade in the Dante Perozzi Jewelry Studio and DPJ partner studios.
- Most gemstones and raw materials are either made in the U.S. or purchased from U.S.-based suppliers whenever possible.
Please see our FAQ's for order specific information