A WORD FROM DANTE:
I often joke that DPJ Studios is housed in my backyard she-shed. We really do work out behind my home in a beautifully finished studio space. It is likely that we will eventually outgrow the space but I am content to stay as long as possible in here. It really is amazing what can be done within a very small footprint. Especially when it comes to jewelry making. I am reminded that I began working out of a closet at the start of what became this business.
I transitioned from making and exhibiting large scale architectural sculpture into creating jewelry as soon as I learned how to work metals. It was definitely an instant obsession that enabled me to bring forth the forms and aesthetic I had always enjoyed using in my sculptural work - but in a more accessible, relatable and useful way. Now I make what are essentially little wearable sculptures. Because I come at jewelry making not from a fashion background but from the background of a sculptor I am able to bring something very different to the table in terms of jewelry design.
Today in my studio practice, each new creation builds upon the last. I often find small elements of previous designs that inspire me on the merit of their form, so I pull them forward and develop them into new ideas. In this way, I am able to create cohesive collections and this process keeps me connected to my artistic foundations while bringing purposeful, powerful objects into the world.
- All metal scraps are saved and sent to our supplier to be recycled and go back in to the creation of many of our pieces.
- The jewelry industry is notorious for it’s heavy use of little plastic baggies, instead we use recycled, recyclable or compostable paper products whenever we can.
- Plastic packaging shipping materials that come our way are saved and reused.
Local & Community
- All of our retail partners are all independent small businesses
- We regularly participate in local events to support & get to know our communities.
Made in the USA
- All jewelry is handmade in the Dante Perozzi Jewelry Studio and DPJ partner studios.
- Most gemstones and raw materials are either made in the U.S. or purchased from U.S.-based suppliers whenever possible.